Medical Transportation Advisor - Cleveland
Medical Transportation Advisor
OFFICE BASED POSITIONS NOW AVAILABLE AT OUR EUCLID LOCATION
Do you have experience in Medical Billing and looking for a career that allows you to impact patient-care from the non-clinical side? 2ND SHIFT POSITION OPEN
Consider a career as a Medical Transportation Advisor(MTA), and use your skills to help individuals through the medical transportation process and advise them on options and benefits. Your valuable ability to assist patients and care givers would be greatly appreciated. You wouldn’t believe the difference you can make!
Visit www.ohioambulance.com for additional information about Ohio Ambulance.
MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION ADVISOR (MTA)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Medical Transportation Advisor (MTA) handles incoming calls regarding scheduling of emergency and non-emergency transportation and all other details pertaining to customer transports. The MTA is the front line representative of Ohio Ambulance Solutions, LLC (OAS). The MTA handles internal and external customer questions, complaints and inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer with a goal of completing a one call resolution process.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage calls in a personal, systematic and organized manner following Call Center guidelines and utilizing proper use of terminology. Route calls internally using appropriate procedures.
• Actively listen and engage in a professional and timely manner to determine purpose of the calls.
• Comprehensively obtain and enter member and provider information into the appropriate system to initiate the requested transportation services. Perform necessary follow-up tasks to ensure customer needs are completely met.
• Proactively seek and participate in ongoing training (formal and informal) in all aspects of the MTA role. Remain responsible for updating self on ever changing information to ensure accuracy when dealing with customers.
• Demonstrate flexibility in multiple areas of the Call Center areas in order to assist OAS achieve its business and operational goals.
• Maintain Average “handling time” as defined as 3.5 minutes or less by OAS.
• Maintain Quality Scores as defined as 95% and higher by OAS.
• Maintain Trip Accuracy to its fullest potential to eliminate on-scene delays.
• Maintain compliance with all Company guidelines and procedures as defined in Employee Handbook.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
•Handle daily scheduling of trips by documenting trip request and selecting the most appropriate mode of transportation.
•Utilize correct coding and documentation procedures.
•Report issues, unusual trip circumstances, and efficiency to the General Manager, or other Manager on Duty when GM not available.
•Demonstrate sincere personal commitment to promptness, reliability and quality work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
•Where required, employee must be proficient in English and designated language both verbal and written.
•Typing speed of 30 WPM or greater is required.
•Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment is required.
•Exemplary written communication and phone skills are required.
•Ability to relate to a diversity of customers and requests is required.
•Ability to identify with customer needs and circumstances are required.
•Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required
•Punctuality and excellent attendance are critical and are required.
•Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations is required.
•Ability to meet or exceed the standards determined by OAS.
•Must be flexible to work weekends and/or holidays as required.
•Must meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required
• Must be computer literate, with six months recent experience operating a computer in a work environment, using Windows based applications (Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word) is required.
• Six months recent customer service and/or sales experience in the medical field required.
• Previous experience working in a medical based Call Center is preferred.
Computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, scanner, phone recorder, mobile phones, and Avaya phone system.